Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"Just Whisper my Name in Your Heart..."

Awhile back in our dark, stuffy attic, we found a folded yellowed paper, parchment-style, which made a crackly sound when I unfolded it to read its contents.

A detailed pencil-sketch of an eagle appears at the top left quarter of the page.  Its talons stretch out and downward, as though ready to grasp something below.  The lower half of the paper contains these hand-written words:

And if I go, while you're still here, know that I live on, vibrating to a different measure, behnd a veil you cannot see through.  You will not see me, so you must have faith.  I wait for the time when we can soar together again, both aware of each other.  Until then, live your life to its fullest and when you need me, just whisper my name in your heart.  I will be there.

This lovingly-made document is addressed to no one, but is signed, "Joe."

 Oh my word!  Can you imagine all the possible stories behind this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what's on your heart and mind! Your thoughts, opinions, questions and ideas are welcome here anytime. Differences are respected as long as they are written respectfully! :)