Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mourning Souls


Among other things, we are studying famine in our home school right now.  My 10-year-old son has been moved in his heart by learning about how there are many, many people in the world who suffer because they lack basic essentials that we take for granted.

After seeing this photo, LM (Little Mister or Lego Meister) wrote the following (very) short story, imagining himself in the photo.  I love how he transitions from despair to true hope in his 10-year-old way.  Every word is his own, though I may have corrected a spelling error or two. ;)

Mourning Souls

I am starving.  I don't know if I'll eat or not.  I don't know if I'll survive a year, a month, a day, an hour, or even a minute.  People pass me on the street and hold their noses and wave behind them and scoff.

If I found a rotten banana peel, it would be an extravagant meal.  I can barely lift a rock, let alone myself to walk.  I just spend my days left sitting by the side of the road.

There is a missionary that says there is a God that cares for each and every one of us walking skeletons.  I believe him, that Jesus died for my sins.  I am going to heaven.  (The End)

My heart is moved as well, and I know we need to do more to help these mourning souls.  I'm praying that we'll know what the Lord wants us to do.  Will you pray, too, to see if He may want to use you in some way to help these precious, hurting people?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what's on your heart and mind! Your thoughts, opinions, questions and ideas are welcome here anytime. Differences are respected as long as they are written respectfully! :)