Thursday, December 16, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I'm pleased to feature a guest writer ;) on this here, my lil blog (since I'm doing a rotten job of keeping up with it myself!).  He comes to us today all the way from, well, my home.  He has been writing creatively since before I ever gave him his first Creative Writing assignment, and he certainly has a heart-felt way of expressing himself on paper.  I always look forward to reading his assignments, as well as other writings he does on his own.  Without further ado, I introduce to you my 8-year-old son, Little Mister. :)

Well, a little more ado:  His CW assignment was to think like one of the shepherds who was visited by the angel on the night of Jesus' birth and to write what he thought it was like for the shepherd. 

Christ's Birth
by Little Mister

As shepherds in Bethlehem, we were wet and cold.  It was a damp and lazy night.

Suddenly, there was an angel saying, "Do not be afraid," for we were indeed.  "I bring you good tidings, for a babe has been born, which is Christ the Lord.  You will find him in a manger, wrapped in swaddling clothes."  Unexpectedly, a legion of angels started singing.

At once, we went and searched for the babe, which we would find wrapped in swaddling clothes and in a manger.  When we found Him, we were overjoyed and knew He was the promised Messiah.

The End

Spelling corrections, mine. :)
This took up a lot more room in third grade writing on notebook paper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what's on your heart and mind! Your thoughts, opinions, questions and ideas are welcome here anytime. Differences are respected as long as they are written respectfully! :)