Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Birthday, LM! 2013

My dear Lego Meister,

Well, that's one thing I accomplished (with the help of some friends) this past year--thought of an appropriate name to replace "Little Mister," which didn't seem to fit anymore.  "Lego Meister" might not last forever, either, but we'll go with it for now. :)

Eleven!!!  Eleven?!  How can this be?  How can all of this time have gone by already?  Oh, my Little Mister (oops! I meant Lego Meister!), my moments and days and weeks and months and years with you are slipping away.  How I wish I could say I've made the most of every second, always tried my best to be patient, and have done everything in my power to be a good example to you.  But I have failed numerous times.  Thank you so much for your forgiveness, LM.  Forgiveness is so important.  You are gracious in your forgiveness toward me. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13

As always, I am so proud of you!  There have been times in this past year that you have blown me away with your maturity.  One major period of time that sticks out in my mind is right after my major surgery, when you came home from your Chicago cousins', where you stayed during my surgery week, and, though your heart was broken to say goodbye to your beloved Chicago kin, you jumped right in with both feet to help me.  Remember how I could do basically nothing at first?  With such kindness, gentleness, and willingness, you did whatever I had to ask you to do while your dad was at work.  Wow, LM!  It brings tears to my eyes to remember how you served with a servant's heart.  I don't know if you realize this, but it was SO HARD for me to ask you (and everyone else who helped in various ways) for help.  I learned a thing or two along the way, too!  Anyway, I thought it was very clever of you to find those old baby monitors and set them up so I could easily call you when you were in your room doing school work.  You did your school work very well--independently and without complaint.  THANK YOU, my son, for how you blessed me with your patience and lots and lots of help. Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. Proverbs 1:8
Listen to your daddy, my LM.  I see you listening, taking in his instruction, even though sometimes it's not what you want to hear.  Don't stop listening!  And take heed to what he says.  Daddy is imparting precious wisdom into your life.  Don't let it slip away unheeded!  Your dad is a gift.  Not all dads take the time to speak truth and wisdom to their children.  Sometimes Dad's wise words are during moments of correction.  You may not enjoy his words of correction, but someday you will see what a gift they were.  Trust that we love you, even if you don't agree with or enjoy what we say sometimes! :)


You are such a delight to me, LM!  Your laughter, your songs, your witty words, your intelligence, your questions, your answers, your creativity . . . these all bring me utter delight.  I love how you keep working on and adding to your fort outside.  It's quite the intriguing structure, with its tunnels and rooms and storage areas . . . all made without a nail or adhesive of any kind!  Yes, I think you could probably survive in the forest for a good long while if you ever had to! ;)


Keep singing and writing down those songs of yours, my son.  They are such a pure reflection of your heart and love for the Lord.  I know He takes joy in hearing them.

Happy Birthday, with much love!
Mom





  






First rain after the drought, July of last year

2 comments:


  1. I cast a Love Spell on this guy in Dr Obodo (templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk) I liked and he totally fell in love with me and right now will are leaving together as couple! you can reach doc at personal (cell +2348155425481)

    Roberto from Brazil

    ReplyDelete

  2. How are you? i just wanted to let you know...that things worked out very well..well i should have told u this..a week ago..but i wanted to email u when i was fully confident that things are workin out... yuangi is back wid me..our relationship is just like before the first time we met...
    Ok Dr Obodo
    templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk
    cell +2348155425481

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing what's on your heart and mind! Your thoughts, opinions, questions and ideas are welcome here anytime. Differences are respected as long as they are written respectfully! :)