Friday, December 24, 2010

Of Records and Scarlet Ribbons :)

I've always loved Christmas.  I can still remember the sights, sounds, smells and emotions of my childhood Christmases. Mom and Dad always made a big deal of Christmas and many of those same aspects of the celebration are still a part of our family gatherings.  They probably always will be!

One particular memory I have is of the Christmas music my parents always played.  There was one record (yes--a record!) they played every year, of the old crooners and ladies with classy voices, that I especially loved.  One song always stopped me in my tracks, and I would sit quietly and listen to it, and even hope the record would repeat so I could hear it again in a half-hour or so. :)  It was sung by a lady and always touched my heart.  I thought I would share it with y'all today.  :)  This isn't the version I knew as a child, but it's sung just as well and has the same lyrics.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what's on your heart and mind! Your thoughts, opinions, questions and ideas are welcome here anytime. Differences are respected as long as they are written respectfully! :)