Monday, February 20, 2012

Melting Moments Cookies

If you've been here before and don't recognize the name of this blog, see here for the explanation. :)

So, we've been pretty much sticking to a "no eating sweets at home" policy for awhile now.  We have made exceptions here and there, and that would include today. :)  Actually, yesterday, too, when I made apple pie dip & cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips.  At least that one was fruit-based, and I could lessen the amount of sugar a bit. Today is just an all-out indulgence, and will not be repeated for awhile! :)

This recipe is my mom-in-law's, and I found it in a cookbook from her church that she sent me.  Yvonne, my mom-in-law, wrote this note with the recipe:  "My mother used to make these cookies, and, yes, they do melt in your mouth!"  Kevin remembers his mom making these, too.  Little Mister and I were duly impressed by the melting factor.  One can't help wondering how it happens.  Sounds like a science experiment in the making for a certain curious young guy I know. ;)

Here's the recipe:



Melting Moments Cookies

  • 2/3 cup cornstarch
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup unsifted flour
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Cream together butter and powdered sugar.  Add remaining ingredients and drop by small teaspoonfuls on baking sheet.  Bake at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes.  Do not let brown.  You may sprinkle the warm cookies with additional powdered sugar if desired.

That's it!  Easy and just a few ingredients. 

I have no calorie info for you.  I don't think I want to know. ;)  One thing I'll probably do differently next time is shape the dough better when I put it on the pan.  There was no picture, and I thought they would flatten out to a round shape, so I just kind of dumped blobs of dough.  They're not very pretty. lol  Not that my guys will care in the slightest what they look like!

A word about our most of the time sugar-free home.  We're not going crazy with it.  As I said, we do make exceptions sometimes.  And it's not as boring as it might sound.  We have great snacks, like wonderful fruit-smoothies, veggie wraps, nuts, etc.  The only "artificial" sweetener we use is Truvia (stevia) because it's the only one we're aware of that is actually natural and not dangerous in some way.  Anyway, we figure if we stay away from sugar at home most of the time, we can guiltlessly enjoy sweets in moderation when other occasions call for them--and, believe me, we do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love knowing what's on your heart and mind! Your thoughts, opinions, questions and ideas are welcome here anytime. Differences are respected as long as they are written respectfully! :)